• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serpentine belt for M1123 with red dot a/c

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am a little confused. It seems there's four different belts for m1123's. There's two belts for the pre serial# 180,000 (one non-a/c, and a longer one for one with an a/c), and two for post 180,000 serial number 1123's (one for non-a/c and one for a/c). I just got a 2000 1123 ser# #188452...........what belt do I need and is there an after market 8 groove belt that will cross over?

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the compressor for the Red Dot aircon installed?

You can also take a picture of your belt/engine showing the top passenger side where the red dot compressor would go, and of the power steering pump and reservoir.

Pre 196900 engines use the power steering pump with the built in reservoir.
Post 196900 engines use a remote reservoir for the power steering pump. There is also an extra idler pulley between the generator and PS pump.

Even if you have the lower serial number, sometimes the newer engine setup gets put in anyway, so that's why you want to make sure which power steering setup you have.

So if you have the pre 196900 setup without the Red Dot compressor, you can use https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBH25080981?impressionRank=1

If you do have the Red Dot compressor, then you'll want to use https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=102328&jsn=3

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then Gates K081102 or K0881102HD is what you want.

What I don’t understand………if you still need a dummy pulley where the compressor goes why is there two different belts, ie AC and Non-AC.
The Sanden compressor for the Red Dot system sits further out than the dummy pulley does. Different mounting bracket for the Sanden/Red Dot than the GM OEM style compressor

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol...they had the belt at Eastern Surplus for $49.50 ($54.80 after taxes) and the shipping was $35.00! So $90 for a belt we found at Oreilly's for $19.95!

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Napa wants $63.33 for the standard version, $79.29 for the HD, and $145 for the RPM performance version.

At $20 it's not a bad idea to keep a spare belt in the truck. I had an idler bearing fail recently. On a Saturday morning.
Local parts store had bearings for the idler pulley,because that bearing is pretty common, but the belts aren't necessarily as easy to find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks