• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 and Illinois titling (please help)

tjmilitary

I recently got my sf97 from for my M1009 and went to a currency exchange near home and was told they could not do anything with it. Has anyone had any trouble in IL getting a title? What should I do? Thanks for the help

pc3nmcb

You said you went to currency exchange, take it to the state driver license office. My friend just did his, and as soon as mine gets back I will do mine. I sent it off Mon the 15th. Hope that helps.

Tibby

All I can say is I had a lot of trouble back in 2001 when I tried to get title to my M1028 that I got from Boyce Equipment. Boyce gave me the SF97, which I took to the main Secretary of State office in Springfield. Because there was no place for me to sign the SF97, they could not handle it. They told me to get something I could sign. I had to send the SF97 back to Boyce. They got a Utah title for me. It took that and a vist from an SoS police officer to verify the vehicle existed, the mileage, and the VIN. I wound up with a title that said I had a D30 mail truck. I was in limbo for a while, being in posession of an untitled vehicle, with no title work in progress. I hope things are easier now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks