• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 on the M116A3 question

Warren Lovell

In order to get an SF97, I need to supply VIN#, year, etc to Gov LIQ.

Question is: Where is the VIN #? Is it stamped somewhere on the frame?
And how do i determine what year the trailer is. I have a CARC coating date of 02/2006. That is the only date I could find,

There are data plates on both sides of the tongue, but nothing with a MFG date.

ANy help would be appreciated!

WArren

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warren, the VIN is only about 6 characters and the DATA plates are so faded, it's not funny. Try a little WD40 on the data plate to see if anything shows up. I need to do this on a few trailers I have.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a delivery date on one of the plates. That is your mfg date

papakb

Warren,

If the trailer was sold by GL theoretically the only person who can get the Form 97 is the original purchaser. If that's you then they will hit you up for $60 for it. If you are not the original buyer then he will have to apply for it. I don't know if having the sale and item number would help you get the 97 but you shouldn't have to supply that data back to GL. Who can verify it's authenticity?

I just picked up a 101A3 from Sierra and GL tells me that as the buyer I can get the Form 97 for $60. Do you see a problem with this like I do? There is only one person in the world that that form has any revelance to and that's me, the buyer of that specific trailer. It was given by DRMO to GL along with the trailer. Why in the world should I have to pay for a piece of paper that should have been a part of the trailer purchase?

I may have to do it anyway because the award paperwork that came with the trailer has the wrong NSN on it and no serial number anywhere. I can get around this by having the trailer VIN (serial number) verified by a CHP here in California and completing a statement of facts at the DMV but we all know how enjoyable a day at the DMV can be. aua

Can you spell SCAM?

Do you see some

Warren Lovell

My data plates look nearly new as does the trailer. Only the round headed rivits holding the data plates seem a bit rusty.
The area for MFG and serial number have never been stamped.
There is a stencil on the frame "USMC 567439" Which is what I will probably have to supply to the GL for my SF97.

As for the extortion on SF97's, yes GL will only provide SF97s to the original purchaser. The only way around it in California is to say you manufactured it. The trailer info and the monetary value you spent on trailer (bring receipts) will determine your registration fee. Then DMV gives you a form and you must make an appt with CHP. Then a VIN number will have to be assigned by the CHP. Then its back to the DMV with the form verified and signed by CHP.

So, never buy a trailer without a title or SF97, unless you plan on using it on private property.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks