• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shelter with AC

Michael

This just sold on GL. I was going to bid on it but it closed on my day off and I forgot about it. It brought more than I would have paid considering how far away it was from me.

It had an AC unit just like the M1010 ambulance. I am guessing it goes on the M1028 that has the AC compressor in it. Does anybody know if this is true and if it was done in the field or manufactured that way? Anybody know how many was made?

Attachments

dilvoy

I have two similar shelters that have a factory rectangular opening up high and front. The opening is reinforced and has rivnuts to mount the A/C unit to. Mine are for use on a Humvee and have hydraulic camper jacks with aluminum plates that bolt to hard points built into the corners of the shelter to position the jacks far out to allow a Humvee to fit between them. If you have any fotos of any data plates, you might be able to see when the shelter in question was built. That might help answer a question.