• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sherpa winch on M35A2

gingwhaa

[Some other pictures. I was not real impressed with the sherpa chrome and plastic parts.... Looks real China rust and fade in a year to me... my welds were about as bad though haha. I basically bolted the winch horizontal right through the bumper with the inside two bolts and made a 6x6 (haha) steel square box under it and bolted through the bumper and made vertical braces to form around the front. It might not be strong enough for a snatch pull,. You are really supposed to mount these winches backwards to pull against the back of the bumper and push at he base. If it breaks, it needed repalcing anyway...

Attachments

gingwhaa

[Some other pictures. I was not real impressed with the sherpa chrome and plastic parts.... Looks real China rust and fade in a year to me... my welds were about as bad though haha. I basically bolted the winch horizontal right through the bumper with the inside two bolts and made a 6x6 (haha) steel square box under it and bolted through the bumper and made vertical braces to form around the front. It might not be strong enough for a snatch pull,. You are really supposed to mount these winches backwards to pull against the back of the bumper and push at he base. If it breaks, it needed repalcing anyway...
I also bought the 500 amp fuse but just ran the main lead to the starter bat side because the bat terminal was too far. Anyone who reads this should know you can run 12 volt stuff off the first battery just fine... I have a solenoid and a heater motor wired to it. I bet you could run a smaller 12v winch in the bed or on the rear of the truck too. maybe 10k max to not kill the battery. Might do that later...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks