• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shims for hubs. kit? pack? Part # individually ort??

coachgeo

Front axle on this truck was so sweet at one point in its life... it needed no shims.... but ..... that won't last forever and may need them this go around (almost got that far while doing the high speed 3rd conversion' then like pointman discovered needing the 2 axle seals per side.. grrrr. Had pre-purchased seals for a hub rebuild.... and stupidly assumed these were part of that. My fault for assuming.

Anyway..... I searched a good bit but running dry... granted most that search today was on a dial up speed sllllloooow processing computer in the shopaua Almost threw it across the shop :arrow::arrow::arrow:

Tried to find the thread in here where i swear someone mentioned the thicknesses pointing out they probably could be made. Can't find that thread either.... grrr. If folk agree they could be made not too difficult, I will need dimensions (ID / OD ) cause I've none at all to measure.

Much thanx in advance

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were some on eBay recently, but I can't find them now. Is there a note in the TM that says something like "Get shim pack part number #### and use as many as necessary to achieve XXXX."?

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree with Floridianson. This is where I got mine as well. I bought 4 sets before my gear project as I suspected I would be doing the rears before too long.

I needed to add .20+-, to my fronts to tighten them up. Now, tight and quiet!

Pointman

coachgeo

Agree with Floridianson. This is where I got mine as well. I bought 4 sets before my gear project as I suspected I would be doing the rears before too long.

I needed to add .20+-, to my fronts to tighten them up. Now, tight and quiet!

Pointman
Took a chance and only ordered three. After putting what (if any) is needed in front.... figuring between the remaining of the three packs of shims and what is already in the rear; could combine to find the right stack of shims for rear hubs. Granted that is assuming I have shims in the rear hubs already.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks