• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping crated items OKC...

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won 6 town bars from OKC this week. Looking at getting them shipped, and could use some advice on how much prep they'll likely need.

Towbars.jpg

The quotes I'm getting have a pretty wide span to them. I can get YRC to pick them up and label them, and OKC auction services wants about double that amount to process / ship.

Any comments on whether they'll need more than a simple labeling?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's see. They are heavy so a forklift will be needed. Some place to store them and a loading dock to put them on a truck. And then arrangements for shipping. Looks like a thirty minute job to me. The UPS Store should be able to handle it. ;-)

Never trust the pictures from GL. You do not know if they are correct nor where they where taken.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's see. They are heavy so a forklift will be needed. Some place to store them and a loading dock to put them on a truck. And then arrangements for shipping. Looks like a thirty minute job to me. The UPS Store should be able to handle it. ;-)

Never trust the pictures from GL. You do not know if they are correct nor where they where taken.
Good point on the pictures.

And sure it's not 30 minutes. I'm just skeptical it's 2.5x the freight rate to pickup, store, and label.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find "OKC Auction Services" on the web. They are very reasonable, and can handle it start to finish.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhh.. OKC Auction guys are great.

Turns out the delta in price is all in the shipping rate they got and the ones I was getting quoted from the guys at work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks