• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shop Trailer recovery complete!

54reo

Shop Trailer recovery

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I am really liking this thing! Working on servicing the power unit now and hoping to get it fired up early next week.

drgreg-- Yes this one did come from Springfield.

WillWagner-- I do know how to run the lathe and other equipment, but I have no idea (yet) on the diesel engine test tooling.

Stan-- You guys would be welcome any time, just be sure to PM me first, as I may be out of town. We (the family) plan on having some of this stuff at next years WWII Weekend at Jefferson Barracks.

jwaller--I don't believe there is a "M" number for these. Lets just say that it cost 1 1/2 times what a decent running M35A2 is coming out of GL at now.

westfolk-- Thanks, and I think I will keep it around here for now. ;-)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SOMEWHERE on that, on the trailer chassis or on the "bed" there is a data plate with a NSN on it... Find that, we can find you the manuals...

mcmullag

wos

Wow! Holy tooling Batman!
I did'nt even know they made a trailer version.
Thanks for sending all those pics.
Tool Ttime Tim Allen would have a heart attack if he saw that.
Man!
I wonder how much the guv-mint origanlly paid
for that... $65 k maybe?

Hope it all works out well for ya.

g.

OLDCHEV4X4

Wow, that is cool. I've been machining for over 20 years and would love to work in there for a couple weeks getting everything up and running.
I didn;t see a picture of a milling machine. Does it have one?

saddamsnightmare

November 16th, 2008.

One very large puddle of drool is forming somewhere in North East Texas.....! I'm used to running 1840-1870-1900 machine tools.... Whatever you paid for the trailer you made back on that South Bend Lathe....!!! Man, it would be worth buying a dolly to tow that baby home behind a deuce and a half....

EXCELLENT SCORE FROM GL!

Thumbs Up!

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare"
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen Set
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114

54reo

Shop Trailer recovery

Wow, that is cool. I've been machining for over 20 years and would love to work in there for a couple weeks getting everything up and running.
There is some sort of milling machine attachment to the lathe that I haven't figured out yet.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's entriely possible that when that run of serial #'s was made, that was the only lathe availible that fit the specs/deilvery time table/the other company went out of business/pick your reason why that model was used versus another model. Dont loose sleep over it.

OLDCHEV4X4

Originally Posted by OLDCHEV4X4

There is some sort of milling machine attachment to the lathe that I haven't figured out yet.
That first pic is for a tool post grinder. So you can do cylinderical grinding on your lathe. The second pic does look like some sort of milling attachment. And the third pic is a dividing head of some kind. Wish you were closer, i'd be over with some scotch brite and some WD-40 to do some rust removal.