• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show N' Shine 7 @ Home Depot in Benton, AR

ARYankee

For the third year in a row I participated in the Show N' Shine Car Show @ the Home Depot in Benton, AR. SoylentGreen was out there as well for his second year in a row with his M35A2 :) It's always fun hanging out with him. Of course we were the only MVs there but Jim had a great idea of getting there early so we could set up camp for the day since it was going to be hot. We got a great spot up front and next to the creeper races. We didn't win any trophies or prizes but there is always next year :wink: It was great just watching the kids get in and check stuff out along with the adults. Of course it was also awesome bsing with veterans as well [thumbzup]

Attachments

ARYankee

I wish our Home Depot had an event like that. Looks like ya'll had a good time. I guess your paint was not shinny enough for the judges.
It wasn't put on by Home Depot they just sponsored it and let the folks have it there. The Gateway Church put it on to benefit Habitat for Humanity. As far as not getting a trophy.... it doesn't bother me. I'm used to it by now. I like doing these events for the positive publicity for our hobby. They had a local news crew there getting some footage for the 5:30 & 10 news cast. I made sure to tell them to get some good takes of our MVs :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks