• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Signup for the 2011 East Coast Convoy

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who are going to Aberdeen next month, and want to travel in a group with other MV owners to the show, arriving on Thursday, May 12th, there is the East Coast Convoy. There are convoy serials coming from the north and south, along I-95, and there are plenty of stopping points along the way to pick other owners up. For more info, and a signup form (signing up is free, BTW), go to:

http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com/

CGarbee

Thanks for putting this up, I've recently changed jobs and don't have the daily access to the site that I used to have... :(

Art Swain will be running the Northern Serial again this year (just had surgery but will be back in action in time for the Convoy). Wilf Alexander is heading up the serial from Canada.

Chuck Bartlett is doing t-shirts. They are featuring Connie with some info from a PSMagazine.

I will be doing the Friday supper with lots of help from Andrew and a few others. We are adding ribs to the menu of BBQ and fixings.

The website should be updated in a day or two with the info for this year's shirt and with a listing of the folks who have signed up, menu info, ect. The order section and registration section already work though so if you have already registered, or do so before the updates are completed, it's not a problem, we have your info :)

We are dedicating this year’s 2011 East Coast Convoy to Craig Williams a long time member of the East Coast Convoy who passed away this past July 2010. He enjoyed the Convoy and supporting the Red Serial with his M925a1 5ton Cargo taking the trail every year.

I'm Looking forward to a smooth trip up and back and to a good time at Aberdeen with everyone.

ssdvc

Any movement on this? I looked on the site, but nothing for this year, 2011, is mentioned. I am trying to get a few local M1009 owners to meet up in Millersville to ride the last leg, but I want to make sure it is happening.

CGarbee

It's happening... You can sign up...
It has stuff for 2011 on the site (updated menu for Friday night, updated dedication page for Craig Williams, etc.).
Since the routes and a lot of the basic info is the same from year to year, the page itself doesn't change a whole lot (we may have to change this in the future so that the updates are more obvious...).
I have sent the updated t-shirt design, org chart, and Friday supper info to the web guru, but those changes are taking longer than one would hope...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two more weeks to go, guys, time to put the hammer down on any maintenance your trucks need prior to hitting the ECC.

ssdvc

Is anyone from the general Laurel/Annapolis area jumping on this convoy when it hits Millersville? I am trying to see if I can skip work and do it.