• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

silly newbie question

mattyboy

thinking about bobbing a m35 i have gone through some searches here...but i am confused why cant one just remove rear axle and move to front position. no cutting and messing with 105 spring sets. also i want to run goodyear mvt's do i need to lift truck after boo or will the tires fit with out lift. i will be using original truck bed thanks

The rear axles on a deuce are mounted on what's called a bogie and trunion assembly. The two axles are mounted on an inverted leaf spring set with the middle of the leaf springs mounted on a pivoting trunion between the axles and the ends of the leaf springs rest on top of the axles with torque rods holding the axles on the bottom. if you removed 1 axle, the rear of the truck would just fall on the wheels of the remaining axle. You can see how it's all put together here. How to Bob a Deuce.... In 3 Easy Steps Click on any picture to get details.

Awesome Possum

M35's use an inverted leaf spring. It's designed to have weight at both front and rear. People have used several ways to Bob a deuce; the M105 trailer springs and mounts with blocks (not so good), stacking the shortened frame of the M105 under the M35 frame, and also reusing the front springs and mounts from a donor M35. The last is getting more expensive but it's the way I did it.

Last edited: