• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

silly towing question but i thought i should ask

maritimer

i am in the final stages of buying a 60ft mobile home jobby to plop on my family's land.*recently seperated and lost everything but my guns and toys to the wife*. anyway. it needs to go about 10-15 miles can my M1009 pull it? or am i gonna have to fork out a couple of grand to have someone tow it?
figure i should ask the experts before i blow up or otherwise hurt my baby *the truck*.
yes the next vehicle i buy is gonna be ALOT bigger LOL

DanMartin

Unless your 60' mobile home has electric brakes and weighs 7000lbs or less, I would say no.

Here's one of several great threads on this subject:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6639

IMO: Go get a few bids from towing companies who are insured, licensed, and bonded....

...or see if anyone close to you has a 5 or 10 ton truck that they can loan you or offer the services thereof :)

papercu

Truck

On good pavement and going slow shouldn't be a big problem for a few miles, according to the book they can move a 10,000 aircraft. A dually truck would be the smallest I would use or a farm tractor. Ask your LEO for help or permits. Wayne

maritimer

RE: Truck

the oversize permits arnt an issue i can get those no problem, i just dont want to mess my truck up i like it too much LOL. the road from where it is to my familys land isnt too bad a couple of hills and a few bends but the road on my familys land would be an issue me thinks

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have moved over thirty mobile homes ranging from 10 x 50 to 14 x 70 for people with deuces, 5 tonners and farm tractors. The tongue weight is WAY too much for your truck. We have had the front end of a deuce get light in hard pulls starting a trailer out of its parking spot. I would highly recommend a farm tractor weighing at least 10,000 pounds or a heavier truck. Someone's grain hauler farm truck or dump truck with a stout hitch on it would do it, but turning is limited by the bed hitting the front of the trailer.
Regards Marti