• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple CTIS Replacement

TCD

Hi Folks,

Well I just upgraded from my 1962 Unimog 404 to a M923A2 and while I want to get the CTIS up and running there are a few tasks before those on the optional list ;-)

So here's what I'm thinking about doing to make adjusting tire pressure easier than doing each tire separately (particularly when airing down!):

Overview:

Phase A: Link two tires together by a common manifold for the purpose of increasing or decreasing tire pressure.

Phase B: Run hard-lines and connectors to route all of the tire connections to the auxiliary glad-hand at the rear of the truck.

Phase A: Link two tires together by a common manifold for the purpose of increasing or decreasing tire pressure.

Basic Hardware:

1 - A "Y" hose with connectors for Shrader valves at two ends and a typical air pressure hose fitting at the common end of the "Y". These valves would have to connect over the Schrader valve and hold it open so the air pressure could be adjusted either up or down.

2 - A glad-hand hose with a air pressure connector at the other end.

3 - A simple manifold with a air pressure gauge and a controller valve for air pressure in and a control valve for bleeding the tire pressure off.

Result:

This setup would allow me to balance or increase/decrease the tire pressure in any two tires pretty easily.

Phase B: Run hard-lines and connectors to route all of the tire connections to the auxiliary glad-hand at the rear of the truck.

Basic Hardware:

1 - Run hard-tubing from the three common points for easy connections (i.e., front of truck and between each set of back axles) to the back of the truck next to the auxiliary air glad-hand. Install a common manifold with gate valve controlling each line.

2 - Make a total of three "Y" hose connectors.

3 - Make a short glad-hand to manifold connector hose.

Result:

This setup would allow me to have short connector hoses at the tire end and to create any combination of tire pressure I wanted pretty easily.

Tire-Air-Sys-Layout.jpg

ALL thoughts, comments and criticism Greatly Appreciated!

tom n tyler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks