• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple Deuce question regards wheels

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone,

A simple question, please don't read anything into my discription.

With ONLY the frame and axles and steering components of my 1950 REO Deuce with a single rear axel, will a 16R20 on a 12 bolt MRAP wheel, with plate adapter clear everything? I am talking without the body or fenders on. Single axle rear with flipped hubs. All I can see/read so far is them hitting the steering arm, is that correct?

Again, for this question, I am not concerned with cab, fenders, engine, exhaust etc., etc....

I have to travel 3 hours tomorrow to pick up a generator and will be driving past a place that sells the 12 bolt rim. I have the tires already. These rims are 1/4 the price of the 7" offset PLS rims and my plan is to pick 4 up.

Thanks for the help,

BaconFarms

Attachments

Last edited:

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stopped and picked up 4 wheels and 4 new o-rings today. $50.00 and $12.50, each accordingly. I'll work on buying adapters this winter.

Pictures enclosed,

BaconFarms

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
16.00R20 tires won’t fit on a stock Deuce, unless you do some serious sheet metal trimming & extend rear tandem suspension dogbones so tires won’t rub treads. A company used to offer an 8-inch lift kit for bobbed Deuces to clear 16.00s (Black Rock Fab? Can’t remember…).

395s are the tallest tire to fit those wheels that will work on a stock Deuce.

As you mentioned, without body parts mounted the 16.00s *MIGHT* fit, but the offset on those steel MRAP wheels places the tires so far inboard that it will be difficult to steer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks