• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's M816 Bringing back from the dead thread

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
LOL...that's just mean. I'd never ask to borrow one of your trucks. I would ply you with copious amounts of rum and cash to tow me home if I broke down though.
I use my wreckers as cranes and cranes only. The are more handy and stronger than the terex 110s crane and m10 wheel loader.

I've got trucks with winches and trailers meant for the highway that can recover dead things alot easier than a wrecker can

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pulled the head and the oil pan. Was glad to find the head had not taken any impact damage. Oil pan was put on by something serious. Pan cracked before the Sealant gave out.

Spun bearing on #2. Has standard bearings in it so Maybe I'll get lucky that the crank isn't too bad.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled the head and the oil pan. Was glad to find the head had not taken any impact damage. Oil pan was put on by something serious. Pan cracked before the Sealant gave out.

Spun bearing on #2. Has standard bearings in it so Maybe I'll get lucky that the crank isn't too bad.
Nothing a roll of emory cloth wont fix !

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How have I not commented on this thread before... "Honey, call the chaps in the white coats, I'm going senile!"

Depressed by the pics of the wrecker on the M870 - I was hoping to have room to put my S250 camping shelter on the back of the trailer WITH my 816 on the bed - looks like I'll have to scheme something else....
Loose bent lever in the cab pic - I still have a pile of these. They are extensions for the transfer lever to facilitate split shifting due to the big gap in the main box ratios. There is a seperate thread somewhere. Supprised you let it go Jeff!!!

Csm Davis

How have I not commented on this thread before... "Honey, call the chaps in the white coats, I'm going senile!"

Depressed by the pics of the wrecker on the M870 - I was hoping to have room to put my S250 camping shelter on the back of the trailer WITH my 816 on the bed - looks like I'll have to scheme something else....
Loose bent lever in the cab pic - I still have a pile of these. They are extensions for the transfer lever to facilitate split shifting due to the big gap in the main box ratios. There is a seperate thread somewhere. Supprised you let it go Jeff!!!
Didn't intend to ever sell that wrecker but the kid asked and I gave in, and that was my last manual shift truck so I truly appreciate the shifter but the young man will probably use it and I wouldn't, so I let it go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks