• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Single handed bed installation

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i finally did it. I got the dropside on today. No pun on the single handed , I get the metal pins out of my hand tomorrow so it was pretty much useless. As soon as i figure out the new digital camara i'll post the pics.

Desert Rat

Nah, Ken and I made a rig from some 4x4s and 2x6s and used all the come-a-longs and such to stabilize the rig and suspend the bed. I'm guessing he just backed under the bed as it was swaying in the breeze. I still think he should have used desert tan ;) .............. It's such a pretty color!!!! But it's his truck.

mangus580

When I did the dump on my deuce.... I used a chainfall in a buddy's shop.... chain to each of 4 corners, and up it went... worked REALLY slick...

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 2 comalongs on the front and a chainfall on the rear. I had to lift it 46 inches into the air before i could back underneath it. The wind was blowing pretty good so putting in the bolts was, to say the least " A character building exersize!" The wood frame Desert Rat and i built wasent pretty but it worked.

Pappa-G

Last weekend I put a M109 box on my M185, chains and gravity will get them off (the old one) We ended up jacking the new one up and holding it up with a 4x4 on each corner then let the jacks down. Had to deflate my tires quite abit to get under and clear everything. Neither of us got hurt so I guess it was a success. [thumbzup] Pappa-G

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did the bed swap on my old M35A2C, I used my buddies k-boom. His k-boom in behind the cab of a rollback wrecker. He parked right between the good truck and parts truck. Lifted the old bed and sat it on his truck (his fee was getting the bed) and swung around anf picked up the new bed and moved it right back on my truck. Pretty slick, it was. On the other hand, when I picked up that old M887 in GA the bed was off. Wayne Harris and I used concrete blocks, 4x4s and 2 bumper jacks to wrestle the bed around. Needless to say, the next time I went to Wayne's house, we got his M816 running.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, speaking of kids, how's Adrian doing? J asks about him all the time. Check your Pms too!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adrian is doing great, graduated from HS and works at Lowe's Building supply for now.
Got a '77 CJ5 and sinks all his money in it, which means that he 's driving the M37 a lot while working on the CJ.
In the image below he is seen replacing the 6-cylinder with a V8.
He enjoyed spending time with J at Aberdeen. Say "Hello" to him from Adrian.

Bjorn

Attachments

Wyattearp

Hey Mangus was curious do you happen to have pics of that dump bed install and what all was involved, i plan on putting one on mine but am not to sure as to how to go about it, what all i will need as far as a cylinder and hinges etc..... let me know, shoot me a pm on this.. I want the dump bed ability for hauling rock, and natural fertilizer(cow manure etc) for my upcoming season for growing produce, they can have their high priced man made fertilizer as im wanting to go organic with everything if possible. A 2 1/2 ton truck loaded down with manure now thats alot of crap LOL

Wyattearp

Mangus, what kind of dump truck or set up did that come off of.. omg im drooling and having pics of that under my bed... how much welding, cutting was involved?

67Beast

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks