• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SIS [SELF INFLICTED STUPIDITY],or how to screw up your winch

butch atkins

helped a neighbor using my m211s winch ,i ran truck from inside cab,let him watch winch cable,told him NOT TO WIND THIMBLE AND CHAIN ONTO DRUM,what a dumb ass,anyway i need the the 2 horizontal braces for my winch ,the one with the data plates onit ,or just the data plates themself,i can straighten the braces but the aluminum data plates are cracked and split into pcs from the chain going around the cable drum,or does anyone make repo data plates for the garwood winches,any help much appreciated ,thanks in advance,never underestimate the power of stupidity

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: SIS [SELF INFLICTED STUPIDITY],or how to screw up your w

Saturn has the plates, they are blank......wait for it.........
nopics

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: SIS [SELF INFLICTED STUPIDITY],or how to screw up your w

Rear plate:
http://odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_66&products_id=492

Top plate:
http://odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_66&products_id=491

Data plates: (scroll down to the bottom)
http://mvdataplates.com/all_other_plates.htm

Note: All those items are advertised for the M35 series-I think the M35 winch is the same as the M135/211, so hopefully that means the dataplartes and braces are the same as well.

Oh, and just for good measure:

nopics

butch atkins

SIS

thanks to all who replied,cant get the #%$ing camera to hook up with computer,dont know why, keep getting error messages , have done this before,thanks to CLINTO for the links but ONLY GMC MADE PARTS will fit the g-749 trucks,this includes the winch parts ,nothing else looks like them,or is even close,will try to get pics up ,if nothing else will copy pics from tm 9-8024 and post,BTW does anyone in the GA MVPA have an m135/m211,am planning on coming to the rally sept 14 ,have bought a space the last 2 yrs at this show and setup but dont ever remember anyone from the group even bothering to stop by and intro themselves,will be getting a space this year also,will have some m211 stuff to trade,sell and some other stuff ,really liked the show at falcon field last year,nothing like having a show at a private airfied in an exclusive (rich) neighborhood,looking forward to the rally,would like to do the NC show the week before this one but dont know if i can,the SC MVPA had thier 1st rally last year,i went and bought a t shirt,and i know the thread is worthless without pics,willtry to do better,LOVE MY GMC,

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: SIS

Sorry the links didn't help, Butch. I thought the winches were the same......

I'll be at the Peachtree City show, but I doubt I'll have my Deuce. I'll come find you and say hello.

Clinto