• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sky Soldier

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished watching a documentary on Vietnam, Sky Soldier. It is a first hand account of flying helicopters. The pilot made audio tapes and 3-D photographs (only known 3-D pictures of Vietnam).

Hueys, Cobras, M37s, M39 series. All that you would ever want.

All I can say is WOW.

Sky Soldier - available on Netflix

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Sky Soldier: Vietnam in 3D The Vietnam War is one of the most photographed in history. It was believed that all the images taken during the war were only in 2D -- until now. A recently discovered archive of rare 3D photographs has been found and is now featured in the new documentary, Sky Soldier. The photos were taken by Joel Glenn, a young helicopter pilot from Florida who had a passion for taking pictures in three-dimensions. Sky Soldier documents Joel's time growing up on his family farm, his two tours in Vietnam and his battle with cancer caused by his exposure to the chemical Agent Orange. Joel Glenn's remarkable collection contains the only know 3D photos taken of American troops fighting in Vietnam. His story -- and his pictures -- bring the war in Vietnam to life in ways never before seen.

This was the overview for the movie.

Small clip from the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXuRyrEJG-w

Last edited:

Al Harvey

I just happened to come across that a couple weeks ago on Netflix and watched it. It was awesome to watch. Highly recommend everyone to watch it. It's awesome to watch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks