• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave cable

tobyS

Finished and using my slave cable. It's 22' with red and black 2/0 and put in a tig torch jacket. Mine was the cheap denham and that was a lot of wire to pull through it. Next time I would get the zipper type cover.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I took mine apart and put heat shrink on the individual cables. Its an ugly blue, but it protects well and I got the spool of shrink for like $5. Way cheaper then letting UV eat up $$$ wire insulation!

Looks good T!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never thought of doing that.

Looks good, and should protect it well.

Might even make it more easily stored(rolled up).

I bet hydraulic hose protective sleeving would work just as well. (I have that around).

dmetalmiki

?...I have had the original NATO jump cables in each truck..( with U.S. adaptors) and in the tank..( years and years and years..), they absolutely do the job intended no fuss. So why divert..?...Just curious.

Last edited:

tobyS

Doghead, it does make handling easier.

My m931A2 has at least one weak battery that takes them all down. Since I'm selling it and it's by the road, having a battery that will not start it is a good thing. It's much harder to take on a joy ride.

I have a set of jumpers made from DC mining cable that I was using but, it's hard to get into the battery to put the clamps on, so this works much better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks