• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slave cables

I would like to purchase a set of slave cables for our M812, M818's and recent win of an M35a2c. I would like to purchase one that is 20ft in length or longer.

My questions are-

Does anyone have a slave cable for sale on this site? Anyone know of any dealers that have them for sale at reasonable prices? Any website links?

I see that some on Ebay have the back cover missing on the adapter. Are these easy to find parts for and to repair?

I also see some sellers on Ebay are selling just the adapters with the cables that are cut. Can you purchase new cables like welding cables and repair these to make another set?

Please feel free to PM me. Any help would be appreciated.
Andy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slave cables come in 3 common lengths.. 12, 20 and 50 feet.
The cable is just welding cable, with lugs on it. Very easy to make it yourself if you have the 2 ends. Just add cable and lugs. Also easy to buy the 20 footers on ebay for a few bucks. Not matter what, copper cable is $$$... beltfed34 on ebay has them all the time. It's much easier to get "complete" ends than trying to find a rear cover. Also, the AB Connector ends (green hard plastic ones) tend to stand up to abuse better than the black rubber ones..

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I take it, the slave cables for an M818 are different than the one for an M35? I'm in the market for cables, too. My deuce is the two-prong, and I'd like to get that adaptor instead of changing the connector on the truck.

Same? No?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The current standard is the 1 pin NATO type plug. The NATO to 2 pin adapters are VERY common and with that combination, you cant loose (or have a set of trucks you cant jump)

Also, the 12 footers are WAY too short for the bigger trucks.. The 12's are barely long enough to jump 2 humvees/CUCV's if they arent parked slave connection to slave connection... The 20 footers are decent, but I had to haul out my 50's once due to how I had my trucks parked and blocked in... If your going to make some up, 30-35 feet would be a great length I think... Anything longer gets HEAVY quick...

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've have a 20' that I got from Austin's on egay, and JWaller hooked me up with an adapter to go from 1 pin on the cable to 2 pin on the truck, I have a mix of vehicles, some with single, some with double. 20' seems to do me fine, and it is also very heavy, a 50' would be veryx2 heavy.....lol

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jwaller said:
the same cable will work for all vehicles. only the length differs.
A relief to know!!

Where might a guy run across one or two of those adaptors? I'm thinking that having two adaptors is smart, in the event both trucks are two pin, and the single pin cable is the most readily available.

Do the common MV supply locations have these? I'd be looking for NOS or new.

OSO

I picked up a slave cable A little while back said was 100' long . Going to have uncrate it roll it out and get real measurement . Cost for cable was $104.00 shipping was about the same. Should reach anything I need to get to! [thumbzup]

ida34

I just paid $55 for a 10-3 50 foot extension cord because it was cheaper then buying 50' of bulk cord. I would say that $200 for a 100 foot cable is a bargain. Anyone know what welding cable is running a foot these days.