• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slide Out Boarding Step For My M925

Rifleman

Well my wife was having lots of problems getting into our new truck, seeing as that first step is 26" high and she has back problems.

She told me that i needed to do something to fix this situation. So i took some scrap steel that i had left over in the shop and made a real simple slide out step.

I set the step up at 12" above ground level, that's a little under half way to the first step. I did it this way to help my wife get in the truck, if i was doing this for myself i would have put the step at around 14". I used a 1/4" quick pin to retain the step while in the folded position.

I took some photos while i was making it and now all i have left to do is remove it from the truck, paint it Carc green, install the non skid and i am done.

Once i get it painted i will take some more photos to show you what the finished product looks like.

Anyway take a look and tell me what you think.
IMG_9209.jpgIMG_9208.jpgIMG_9207.jpgIMG_9204.jpgView attachment 428283IMG_9216.jpgIMG_9211.jpgIMG_9212.jpgIMG_9215.jpgIMG_9213.jpgIMG_9214.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love seeing people fabricate stuff. Wish I had those kind of skills!

The highest compliment I think you can pay towards someone who has created something like this is "That looks factory".

That looks factory.

Rifleman

Thanks for the input guys, when i made this i never really though about making them to sell. So do you guys really think other members would be willing to buy something like this?

One problem i do see with making these to sell, that is each side of our trucks are different, so the step i made for the passengers side will not work for the drivers side. I wanted to made my step fit real high and tight up under the factory step and i also didn't want to drill any holes in my truck.

When i made this step i wanted to make sure that when it was in the stowed position that it didn't hang any lower then any of the factory installed items on my truck.

So what i did was use the factory mounting holes for the factory step and the tool box brace to mount my step. On the drivers side the factory step is made completely different, so i would need to take some time to design a tight fitting step using factory mounting points.

Give me some time and i will see what i can come up with for the drivers side, i will add some photos of it once i have something welded together.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is a must do for my 923a2 with the wife. she will love that step . thanks for sharing and it looks factory to me.. great job

bigboy44

Very well done! After you paint her up put some anti slip tape on the step, you don't need to slip and catch a shin bone.

peacemkr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Step looks awesome. Looking to do something similar in the near future.
Quick questions. How do you stow the step once you have climbed aboard? How do you deploy it when leaving the cab?
I understand the passenger side but how do you do the driver side?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks