• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Small blast from the past - dirty gas tank?

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a couple pics of the gen set I picked up from a friend - I decent shape considering its age. Hope to get it running soon - any suggestions on the best way to clean the fuel tank - its kinda crusty.

derf

That's a DC unit so don't try to power anything but lights and stuff that can take DC.

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
little gen set

The engine is a Briggs&Straton - I believe it was used for radio gear. I just want to get it running to hear the engine. I cant even think of a light that will operate on 110 volts DC. Had the civilian version of that engine on a gocart as a kid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks