• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Korean Mil Jeep

Bill W

Came across this today in my local Craigs list, thought it pretty cool
1999 KM-412. From what I read its a knockoff of the M-151 so I posted it here

Attachments

linx310

Yea they are based on the M38a1.

I wonder how much it cost to import one, seems they would be a quick sale here to mil veh collectors.

BikerBi11

I think it is obvious that the people at Kia have no imagination of their own. Just checked out their 5 and 2.5 tons. Really? at least change the body a little. Mabie this is where all of our surplus stuff is going??

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The question gets back to registration.

Since the vehicle won't meet highway safety standards there are few places where it could be legally registered to drive on the highway.

Texas would be different if you registered it as a Former Military Vehicle since the law exempts these vehicles but I would think registering it in other states would be a challenge.

nattieleather

Looking at the spec sheet that was posted earlier in the thread it looks like it's a cross between a M151 and a M38A1. Almost like someone took had a M38A1 with no front axle so they took the front suspension from a M151 and put on the M38A1 and you have the Kia jeep. Indpendent front with ridiged rear. Wouldn't mind having one to play with if someone offered it to me... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks