• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top

Braunchitis

Summer will be here soon in Missouri, and I was thinking about how one would make a soft top for a CUCV. It would be nice to have some airflow without bothering with the hard top. I have a access to some vinyl (probably), and a welder. How would you guys do this, if you were so inclined?

I really don't want to spend $600 for a factory-built one.

Thanks

acetomatoco

Guess we must be talking of a M1009 minus the rear section of roof. I believe the aftermarket guys made em in vinyl check in the 4 wheeler mags.. BesTop etc. I seem to remember them in Black or White. in the 1980s

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search the CUCV forum for "Soft Top" , it's been covered!(pun intended) :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks