• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solution to my fuel issues - single tank conversion or am I being to simplistic???

joesco

Single Tank Conversion Completed, FINALLY!

I have finally finished my single tank conversion, utilizing the driver's side 58 gallon tank. I used about 12' feet of 3/8 double braided fuel line for the return line (25' roll purchased on line for $25.00). I used a 3/8 barb fitting at the union above the IP and just cut the steel return line, leaving about 3", slipped on the hose and then used two hose clamps to secure the line at each end. I am adding two more number 10 hose clamps on either end, just for insurance. I then had a hose made up at the local parts shop for the feed line, but had to add a 90 and a swivel fitting at the new twin spin-on filter setup (see the pics).

I have to say, the truck now runs excellent, starts much quicker (28 degrees this morning) without my block heater or ether assist, my tach holds steady now at 500 rpm and most of all, much, much more power! I have even noticed he shuts down much better! Boy, what a little air leak can cause with this NHC 250!!

All I have left to do is to remove all the unused plumbing and then I am going to cap off the passenger tank and just use it for emergency fuel storage.

Now that the trucks runs like it should, I can get my rear suspension squared away.

Thanks for all the help assistance folks!

Attachments

Hammer

Little late, but I went to a single tank setup with aftermarket filter. I used -12AN fittings and hose the entire way.
Now I just need to plumb in a simple transfer pump to move fuel from the secondary tank to the primary.

joesco

Nice! Can you post or PM me what type (brand) transfer pump you plan on using and the associated plumbing. Thanks Hammer!

Little late, but I went to a single tank setup with aftermarket filter. I used -12AN fittings and hose the entire way.
Now I just need to plumb in a simple transfer pump to move fuel from the secondary tank to the primary.

Hammer

I was just going to use a simple Carter pump. It doesn't need to pump it that fast, and if you keep the venting tied together it 'should' work fine just pumping from one tank into the return line of the main tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks