• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soon to be M422a1 owner

txdodge43man

I located and will be picking up on Friday my First M422A1 SN 2169.
Its is in ok shape the body is straight with no major damage but it is missing some pretty big parts both front wheel hub assemblies and the brush guard along with all the lifting shackles and 3 rim. Once restored it will make a great addition to my M35a2. So if anyone out there in SS world knows of anyone parting out a Mite let me know. More pictures to come this weekend.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Thats one of the smaller MV's id love to have, right above a Willys MB. If you get Supply Line or the better MV Magazine theres Mighty Mite parts guys. Goodluck on the restoration I cant wait to see it , Jay

saddamsnightmare

January 15th, 2010.

Having owned SN2343, a 1961 M422A1 many years ago, you are going to have lots of fun finding the missing parts, they were tough enough to find in 1978. Check with Phil Nelson at Nelson's Surplus Jeeps in Columbiana,OH, as he had some parts as does Sam Winer Motors. I will advise you once you get your M422A1 back togather to watch the front hub center bolts, they are the weakest part of the design. I made up a set of longer ones with the cotter pin hole moved out so I could use a castellated nut to lock the main nut in place, as the bolts used to break through the cotter key holes and when that happens, you throw a wheel. At least mine never got the rops and othe mods, so it was pretty much USMC circa 1975...... They handle better then most jeeps, but the back seats rough and no cab heat in the winter (not neeeded in "Nam).

Good luck and happy hunting,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks