• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for black ignition + Door cylinders

Hutch

Hey all,

Recently bought a 1008 and have been reading a lot of old threads about the fixes and common problems for these trucks. I tried thumbing through the old threads but couldn't really answer my question with old info.

Has anybody tried to use a lock set from similar year camaro in the column/ door. They are factory black and would simultaneously solve the "everybody has a key" dilemma, as well as not having to paint over the chrome.

I look forward to a lot of helpful discussion on this board. The knowledge i have already gained here without asking any questions is pretty substantial.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black ignition = any parts store.
Black door cylinders, I think can also be bought at any parts store.

Yes, black is available for C & K trucks. Try NAPA, if not in stock, can be ordered.

unaffiliated

I had a link to a place that sold keyed alike door and ignition cylinders but I can't find it. I really like the idea of having 1 key. The sets were very reasonable too if I remember correctly.

ssdvc

Got mine at Autozone. Wis they were keyed alike, but as cheap as they were, I'll suffer with using two keys.

unaffiliated

I found the link to the place that has the keyed alike door and ignition cylinders. The site says the set is only $29.00 and includes the ignition cylinder, 2 door cylinders with gaskets and retainers and 2 original matching keys to fit 79-87 year models. I am not sure if they are black or chrome, it doesn't say. I am not sure if it is legal to post the link so just PM me and I will give it to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks