• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for frame bolts?

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a source for the 16Mx1.5 frame bolts and lock nuts? I can find the 2mm course thread bolts, but having a difficult time finding the fine thread bolts and nuts from a US supplier.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Converting a M1088A1 into a M1083A1P2. The bolts to attach the winch, hydraulic tank, subframe, etc are all 16mm x 1.5mm flange/frame bolts. Most are 45mm long, but there are a few that are 35mm.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some trucks are huck bolted together some are just nuts and bolts. No reason for the difference that I know of. I have used bolts but I don't advise using them unless absolutely necessary.
Will

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All three of mine use the 16mm x 1.5 mm flange bolts. They use the flange nuts for anything intended to be removable like the winch and a longer lock nut (looks like a huck nut, but designed to be put on with a standard impact wrench) for parts that aren't intended to be removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks