• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for Mep-016E fuel filter

pahunter

I've been doing some searches but not having much luck.
Can anyone please tell me if the 016e and 016B fuel filters are the same?
What's the part number?
Where can I buy them?

Isaac-1

I don't know if they are the same, but suspect they are. If it is then it is a bit of an oddball filter, and over the years there have been multiple contractors for it, I bought some off ebay a couple of years ago, and if memory serves they were made by Davco. I will get back to you on part number if someone else does not post it, as I am out of town on a business trip until Friday night.

Ike

found it Southern Automotive has it listed on ebay (they are currently the official retrofit OEM parts supplier for many MEP generator parts, but seem to sell some of their excess inventory on ebay) Forum rules do not allow me to point you to the ebay ad

NSN 4330-01-275-2460

Last edited:

ETN550

I use a carquest filter for about $10. It probably crosses over to another. do a search here and it should come up in the discussion, as well as the oil filter. The air filter is the tough one to get cheap.

Yes "E" and "B" are the same. Some of the newer 'E"s or a "B" that has the filter housng changed out have a different looking housing but the filter element is the same.

pahunter

thank you both for the info on the fuel and other filters. I still didn't pick the genny but I'm trying to cut down on the delay waiting for parts I know are needed.

Does the 016E have a oil filter? I thought I read it just has a screen?

ETN550

Yes you are correct. For the lube oil the "E" has a screen and the "B" has a spin on filter. Fuel filters are the same for both.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks