• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for NOS deuce cables

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a throttle and engine stop cable for the wrecker. Not any of this overseas junk, need the NOS or OE style locking cables for both. I've got one of the crap inports and the handle came off the first day of use. It's not a locking cable either so there's no way to keep the stop cable in the stop position. Checked Saturn but the pic they show of the engine stop cable looks just like my POS. Anyone? Even decent used would be better than the new overseas junk.
Thanks in advance!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I got a hand throttle cable from boyce equipment about a year ago. It looked just like the orginal and still works great. I use the lock on it all the time when running air tools off the truck.

eddiec

new cable

Hookin1 and myself grabbed a handful of the engine stop cables last time at Howards, NOS. You will have to get ahold of H though, not sure where he put them.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Barstow truck and equipment has good take off stuff for great prices however they have the worst customer service I have ever seen anywhere. I drove 2 hours out to them after the owner told me he had good windshields and to come out to pick it up, got there and he totally blew me off ,gave me attitude then said he didnt have any good glass and sent me packing. But my buddy has gotten really good deals on stuff like $15.00 good take off duece fuel pumps, $10.00 E brake cables.

Djfreema said:
Barstow truck and equipment totally blew me off ,gave me attitude then said he didnt have any good glass and sent me packing.
Dennis,

I have been wanting to go out there and check on some things. Mostly walk around like at Pick-A-Part lets you do for $1 until you find the "Oh cool, I could use this!" scenario. Does he let you cruise the yard or is pretty much of an attitude thing and I should stay away.

I wanted to plan a trip there, let the members know, and then pick up any small items they may need along with my stuff - but may have to rethink this.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last time my buddy went out there, he had to wait while one of the guys went and pulled the stuff off. I would call ahead and make sure they know your coming and get someones name who will guarantee they have the part and aren't too busy to help you once you show up. Devin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks