• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for rear sling lifting bars for the deuce?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a buddy who isn't on the site, needs a set of sling lifting bars (the big heavy bars that go from the rear spring packs outward to the loopholes on the bottom sides of the bed, used for slinging the deuce from a chopper for airlift) for his restoration. Anyone know where to find these, and how much?

CGarbee

I have one, and am looking for the second one. I'm interested in hearing of a source as well. If one doesn't exist, perhaps I'll copy the one I have and make a few extra sets...

RICE670

George Manarie of Vermont Commercial Salvage, Had 2 sets laying out and a bit rusty.He's is clearing out ,but they might be there still. Calling him is the best way. Scott

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a set a couple of years ago and sold them to Blake (Virginia Beach area). He has been selling off some of his stuff and may be willing to part with them if he still has them.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
country - will pass your price and website onto Rob, so he can get in touch with you.

Latrine Commander - his truck has the oval ring, but no reinforcing plate. I don't think it will matter much unless he plans on slinging it underneath a Chinook, he's using it for show only. But thanks for the info....