• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sources/options and types of 12V wiper and heater fan motors…

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO it Just seems like allot of work and capital just to avoid 24V on a system that is working at this time. just a couple things, you will have to adapt a 12V flasher, the breakers are sized for 24V loads so same power = twice the current at 12V but you don't need me to tell you that.
some will assert the wiring is undersized but that is not the case the wiring is oversized compared to what they are using in civy applications now and of course you would go with all LED lighting so as far as that is concerned you are golden, BTW the 24V military LED lights like the clearance and tail lights run great on 12V

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s why I asked if anyone here knew of alternatives. Lots of people here have done lots of things. Some worked and some didn’t. 😉

Vapor Trail

Does anyone have an update on options for 12V wiper motors yet. I'm at the point where I need this and I still haven't found a good option.

CapePrep

Can't you just find guys parting them out and grab one? Or Ebay?? There have to be thousands out there.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped looking BUT looked like Jeep CJ have something looking similar. I never tested it out

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The JEEP unit has no piece to activate washers or control washer speed or spray water. You would need to fabricate yourself.

Vapor Trail

The JEEP unit has no piece to activate washers or control washer speed or spray water. You would need to fabricate yourself.
I can deal with wiring, switches, and brackets I think I just didn’t want to have the wrong shaft size or length or something that is hard to overcome. I have the 24 volt t unit so I might try to get the 12 volt hummer h1 unit and see if it can be retrofitted somehow. I’ve heard they don’t just swap over. I think they’re horizontal instead of vertical and so it might interfere with my roll cage. I guess as a last resort the easiest thing to do would be run a 12 to 24 inverter but the ones I’ve seen just look so cheap

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything Hummer H1 is more expensive than HMMWV. I think the Jeep unit is a safe place to start. Then purchase the back bracket and switch on Flea bay. They are always there. All in 100-125 clams.

Eric Hummer H1 uses the 24-12v inverters and he says they work well.

Vapor Trail

Anything Hummer H1 is more expensive than HMMWV. I think the Jeep unit is a safe place to start. Then purchase the back bracket and switch on Flea bay. They are always there. All in 100-125 clams.

Eric Hummer H1 uses the 24-12v inverters and he says they work well.
I would do the Jeep thing but I’ve never seen or heard of anyone who’s done it. That’s why I posted I was hoping someone would say oh yeah I bought this and did this and use this switch and it works great

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks