• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare 6.5 non-turbo and 4L80E (4 speed) cost?

majorhavoc67

This isn't something I need, but there is a wrecked 2001 1097A1 HMMWV here locally and the owner is taking offers for parts. Haven't seen it in person, but the mileage is just over 5k (according to the speedo) If they are usable as-is components, what would they be worth? No frame damage. Mostly cosmetic, but the guy doesn't have the money for repairs.

royg

Odometer is meaningless, don't fool yourself otherwise.

I historically see hmmwv engine/trans on that e auction site anywhere from $1000-$4000
you can buy govplanet parts rigs out of yermo for $1500-$2500, but condition questionable.
both of those sites allow you to research past prices.

Of course shipping is a big factor on such purchases. Something local to you in known good condition is a much easier proposition.

I'd say you could steal it for $1000
feel great about it for $2000
If your buying the whole rig and it has other goodies higher would be fair. There is value in the portals. steering box, etc.

just a good civi 4x4 4l80e goes for around $1000 around me (Utah)

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking into an eventual engine replacement and can tell you that you can get rebuilt Jasper engine for $6005, plus $750 core and $600 skid and comes with a warranty. I found other rebuilts that were slightly higher.

When I was looking into rebuilt 4L80, they were all over the place. As much as $6000 for a rebuilt one with warranty was the highest. I managed to find a good condition one with transfer case, drive lines, etc for $1200.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why was it removed in the first place? Most important question

majorhavoc67

Odometer is meaningless, don't fool yourself otherwise.

I historically see hmmwv engine/trans on that e auction site anywhere from $1000-$4000
you can buy govplanet parts rigs out of yermo for $1500-$2500, but condition questionable.
both of those sites allow you to research past prices.

Of course shipping is a big factor on such purchases. Something local to you in known good condition is a much easier proposition.

I'd say you could steal it for $1000
feel great about it for $2000
If your buying the whole rig and it has other goodies higher would be fair. There is value in the portals. steering box, etc.

just a good civi 4x4 4l80e goes for around $1000 around me (Utah)
Good information! Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks