• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Special Thanks To Eastern Surplus!!

I took a road trip down to NYC this past weekend.

Since I was about an hour and 40 mins outside of Philly, I decided to stop in at a place I've been DIEING to visit... Eastern Surplus!!
Yes we have all seen the ads in the back of petersens 4wor and other mags but they don't do this place any justice.

I set up an appointment to come down a couple days in advance, the first thing I would like to say about this place is their amazing customer service. I was a little late due to an accedent on the New Jersey TP but it was no inconvenience to them whatsoever.
Dave was out of town but he left me in very good hands. I met with Caswell Mullins, the 'second in command' so to speak. He started by giving me a tour of their 'showroom' where all the trucks in perfect resto condition wait for their new owners. They varied from m35a2's, 818's, and m35a3's. A couple were even on their way to a movie set!
Then he led me into a MASSIVE warehouse, where he showed me every kind of part imagineable for these trucks. I picked out a few that I needed and drooled over some that I didn't. :drool:
Next was their garage, where all the bobbing, re-building and painting magic happens. And a quick look into their huge painting, preping and drying room.

After I paid for the parts he drove me around back where he showed me the bulk of their running truck inventory. I gawked at m35a3's and m109's but the rigs that caught my attention the most were the massive M820 expansible van trucks (they have several).

The guys at Eastern Surplus were all very helpful and they answerd all of my questions. I soooo look forward to doing business with them in the future (hopefully buying one of those 820's)

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to meet with me and show off your amazing salvage yard!!

-GM

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I visited with Dave back in 2001 or so, picked up a gasser M275. Eastern was in it's infancy at that time compared to now!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks