• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo issues.

cheshier22

Ok, need help.
Speedo stopped working. Took elbow off / adapter 90 degrees. Tip was broken off. So I replaced tip and elbow. Took out the
(adapter speed meter housing. ) the piece that holds the orange gear. Gear is good 35 teeth. Replaced speedometer and Cable. Still only works in reverse?? Speedometer not working when driving forward? Odometer doesn’t work as well.
Took tail shaft off, looked at blue gear on the shaft. It looks good.

has anyone had issues with this?
with everything being new what possibly could be wrong? Yes I have moved the speed meter housing to all three positions.

is the blue gear supposed to free spin on the shaft if you reach in and turn it with your finger?

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum!!!
Is it possible you got the wrong 90 deg adapter, something is reversing the speedo cable direction as the speedo should only work in forward.

cheshier22

Welcome to the forum!!!
Is it possible you got the wrong 90 deg adapter, something is reversing the speedo cable direction as the speedo should only work in forward.
there’s nothing wrong with the old one, I just purchased a new one just to try and eliminate that part.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks