• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo not working

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
check to see if the speedo cable is broke, its easy to chang, eather a make your own kit from auto zone or a cable from the dealer

1956_4x4

I repaired mine a couple of weeks ago. I initially replaced the cable because it was screwed up. The second cable went bad within a couple of days, so I pulled the speedometer head and found that it was starting to seize. I ordered a new cable and speedometer head from Saturn and it works better than it ever has since I got it. Nice and smooth!

Smitty

JohnFire

Mine is starting to act screwy. Back when I first got it in 99 I replaced the gear in the transfer case cause that shreadded. here and there it acts screwy in the cold but now it is getting worse. I am guessing it is the cable, but just haven't gotten around to messing with it. It used to average 5mph off according to the gps, now it is 5-15+ depending on the speed, and it bounces often, and goes negative when I am in reverse. I willl get around to it at some point but am up to ideas on if it could be more than the cable.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if it goes negative in reverse, the over ridding clutch is bad, time for a speedo replace

1956_4x4

JohnFire said:
Mine is starting to act screwy. Back when I first got it in 99 I replaced the gear in the transfer case cause that shreadded. here and there it acts screwy in the cold but now it is getting worse. I am guessing it is the cable, but just haven't gotten around to messing with it. It used to average 5mph off according to the gps, now it is 5-15+ depending on the speed, and it bounces often, and goes negative when I am in reverse. I willl get around to it at some point but am up to ideas on if it could be more than the cable.
These are the symptoms mine had before it gave up the ghost. I'd guess you need a new speedometer head. I'd replace the cable too.

Smitty