• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SPEWING HER GUTS IN THE PARKING LOT water pump woes

butch atkins

came back from drive to get news paper and parked truck came back outside and she was spewing her guts in the parking lot,reminded me of some of my old party days girlfriends,anyway ,heres the question,has anyone ever used a water pump other than a high dollar memphis equipment pump ,does napa or anyone else make a pump that will work,has anyone done this and had a true bolt on application that you dont have to modify anything to make it work,will a stock pump for any of the early gmc motors work,can you rebuild these pumps with a kit like the tm says,i know this is a lot of questions,but looking for answers and alternative solutions to an expensive ,and time consuming problem,thanks in advance

deuceman51

I would think that a civy pump would work for the truck as the 302 was used in several trucks for many years. All I have around here is a take off pump off one of my engines if you needed it.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a used takeoff from alpha heaven. see link below.
If someone comes across the info on how to rebuild them, I would be interested.

Whatever you do, do not pull this stupid stunt: I soaked it in carb cleaner preparatory to greasing it up, only to find out that you can't grease them up. They are sealed units.

http://www.alfaheaven.com/Military Section/M135Body.html

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water pumps are gravy to do. If you can find the seal, bearing and shaft, I'll tackle it. I still do 1950s V6 and V8's at work and the latest it a QSK91, 91 liters of pure noise!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I've seen at least one civy pump that will bolt on - but it is too short and this requires the fan blades to be notched to clear the air compressor. Looks pretty bad.

butch atkins

water pumps

thanks to all who replied ,pmd me,napa,advance auto,oriellys,auto zone all have a part # for this pump,but all of them have told me that the manufacturers have not made any in a while and that when they do they will call,but keep checking back with them,dont want to put a nos 50+yr old pump/seal back in but may have to,ss site and g-503 site have really been helpful,tm 9-1819aa(motor manual) shows how to rebuild pump,can get replacement brngs,but cant find aseal that will work,if anyone has a better idea send it my way,a pm i got says someone in hemmings motor news rebuilds all types pumps,brakes ,hydrovacs,etc etc,well im off to wally world(wal-mart) to get me a copy of hemmings motor news ,thanks to all

poppop

RE: water pumps

There is a place in Savannah Ga. that rebuilds pumps. Maybe you could call and talk to them. They are Savannah Clutch and Industrial Brake. They also rebuild clutchs and pressure plates and reline brakes.

surpdlr

Re: water pumps

butch atkins said:
thanks to all who replied ,pmd me,napa,advance auto,oriellys,auto zone all have a part # for this pump,but all of them have told me that the manufacturers have not made any in a while and that when they do they will call,but keep checking back with them,dont want to put a nos 50+yr old pump/seal back in but may have to
For what it's worth----

1. The pumps I have left were packed in 1967, making them 40 years old, wow!! They are packed in a box, that is then packed in a white cloth bag lined with some sort of plastic/foil. Seems to keep most things in very good condition over long periods of storage.

2. I have sold about 65ea of these over the last 10 years, and have never heard a complaint back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks