• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter Tech Article

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding! Thanks Devilman! [thumbzup] :mrgreen:

devilman96

Ryan,

I have piles of steel and im sure you proably do also but a lot of people don't so I figured using the existing bracket would be something anyone could do without having to go to home depot and fork over 25$ for a 6 foot piece of 2" angle... Especially when you only need 3 inches! Though a pain it can be done with a hack saw or a cut off disk so pretty much anyone can do it with minimal supplies and tools.

devilman96

Yeah and no... You would have to grind the snot out of the new filter bracket to fit it into the radius of the old filter bracket bend... Possible yes but I usually avoid stuff like that when I can and having that bracket away from the alt makes it a lot easyer if you have to pull it.

You could also cut the top bolt hole off of the new filter mount but I think over time the lower two might crack because of it...

You could get rid of the bracket all together if you want to just drill it into the frame but I think few would line up for that task!!!

If I am going to modify something I usuly prefer that its as bullet proof or better than the origional. Otherwise its not a mod... its a rig! :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks