• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on Fuel Filter

d_holden

Has anyone added a spin on style fuel filter to their m1008? I was looking to replace the box filter on the firewall and use just a spin on filter. I would like to do this without running an electric pump. Any thoughts or experience with anyone who has done this? thanks for the help.

superburban

I junked the box type filter on my superburan in favor of the older style spin-on type from the previous years. Simply unplug all of the wires, undo both of the fuel lines, remove the 3 bolts to the firewall, and install the filter base from a junkyard 1983 6.2. hook up the hoses, and your set. You should run another secondary filter if you do this, but I dont, because I'm lazy.

JAsher45

i just recently replaced the filter system on my 1009 with one from Stanadyne the fuel manager i got it with fuel heater and water light sensor for $170 and it was a direct plug and play filter.. you can get 5 or 2 micron filters for it

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Spin on Fuel Filter

JAsher45 said:
i just recently replaced the filter system on my 1009 with one from Stanadyne the fuel manager i got it with fuel heater and water light sensor for $170 and it was a direct plug and play filter.. you can get 5 or 2 micron filters for it
part# please, and also how much are replacement filters?