• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on seconndary fuel filter adapters

bottleworks

dabtl said:
Jon, do you have a plumber's license for all that? Drill the frame, mount the adapter, string pipe, look for leaks and it does the same as the five minute jatonka install?
Now no need to bash a setup that IS simple and instructions were posted FREE of charge for those who wished it install it. Now, the Jatonka adapter is nice, however, there are two known additional areas were the adapter may leak: the top center bolt and where the adapter seals to the base. Ether solution has its advantages and disadvantages.

JDToumanian

Jon, do you have a plumber's license for all that? Drill the frame, mount the adapter, string pipe, look for leaks and it does the same as the five minute jatonka install? Wow! I do not know how much price difference there is but you must have surely spent at least a couple of hours on the install and a trip or two to the parts house.

But that is a neat looking install. Did you have to make those copper lines to adapt to the stock fuel lines? I assume so, although I cannot see the beginning of them.
I didn't have to drill the frame, I used the old filter bracket and holes. I have a flare tool, and had most of the fittings, and the copper tube was from my scrap box. There was a connector in the fuel line farther down the frame, I replaced the line from there to the filter - about 3 feet.

If I had to do it over again, I would try to get JATonka's adapter... But I didn't know he made one until after I had done this mod. He has no website showing his products and rarely responds to queries here in the forums. Several people (including me), over the last year or so and in a few different threads, have asked him to post a list of products he makes for MVs... I realize it takes time and effort to build a web page but it only takes a couple minutes to post a product list and say "PM me for details on any of these items". I hate the secondary filters on the MF... you can bet I'll be on his list for the spin-ons for that.

Jon