• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Splicing Throttle Cables

MatthewH

Anybody done it successfully, something they would be confident with every time you took your truck out?
I'm in the middle of swapping a 6.2 diesel into my M37, and the throttle pedal kit in using is designed for a carb, or an engine with just a hole in the linkage, not a stud like the 6.2.
Since the stock throttle cable and this Lokar cable are the same size, I wondered about splicing them together to get the cable I need.
Thoughts advice always welcomed
Thanks

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't spliced a cable but I have fabricated a pivot lever that goes between the cables. The single arm lever maintains the pull/pull orientation (vs a bellcrank that reverses the pull into a push) and you can increase or decrease the effective travel by locating the two cables relative to the pivot point. Hope that makes sense without a drawing!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks