• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Squeezed fuel Line

jake20

Hi All,

I found this a few weeks ago on my truck, just getting around to asking about it. I definitely haven't hit anything that could bend this line this badly. Someone must've somehow messed it up before I got my truck, any recommendations on how I can go about unbending or just completely replacing it?

8051902619073469589.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way to unbend it.

Replace it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a new thought. Now would be the time to upgrade the system. Starting at the fuel tank remove and replace the feed line and run correct fittings and Synflex to new spin on fuel / water catch filter. You can put this new spin on addapter / filter any where you want and that is easy to get to and spillage is not a problem. Myself inside frame rails just on the other side of the fuel tank. Easy to get to and no spillage on frame / truck when draining water or changing out filter. From new filter to boost pump same Synflex and tucked out of the way. Next upgrade spin on secondary and final fuel filters. Nice upgrade my .02

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would you place the new line in harms way? Looks nice but that placement from the factory was incorrect to begin with.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, if it is running ok, he can just leave it alone.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would you place the new line in harms way? Looks nice but that placement from the factory was incorrect to begin with.
I did not want to put it in the same place but I could not find a good place to put it, and I am not going to be off road with it.

jake20

Thank you for everyone's input. My truck has some slight surging that comes and goes every now and then. This might be related but I think I might leave it until i replace the primary fuel filter. I've replaced the secondary and final but haven't had a chance for the primary yet.

The truck runs and starts fine however other than the slight surging. I'll change the title of the post to make it more searchable, I was a bit vague with the first post haha.

Edit: I don't think I can change the thread name, I changed the title of the first post though. Maybe a moderator can change it?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then believe the easy way to fix is a new piece of copper. Compleat with flairs or just two unions and piece of copper tubing cut out bad.
I know some say I won't be off road but the next person might or might like to. Simple fix.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for everyone's input. My truck has some slight surging that comes and goes every now and then. This might be related but I think I might leave it until i replace the primary fuel filter. I've replaced the secondary and final but haven't had a chance for the primary yet.

The truck runs and starts fine however other than the slight surging. I'll change the title of the post to make it more searchable, I was a bit vague with the first post haha.

Edit: I don't think I can change the thread name, I changed the title of the first post though. Maybe a moderator can change it?
Have you drained the primary fuel filter ?

jake20

Actually thank you for bringing that up, I was going to a bit back but the drain valve was rusted and the little handle broke off. I'll find a way to open and drain it, obviously I'll have to find a replacement valve. Does anyone have any recommendations for a more modern style of valve that'll go in?

Sent from my E6820TM using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually thank you for bringing that up, I was going to a bit back but the drain valve was rusted and the little handle broke off. I'll find a way to open and drain it, obviously I'll have to find a replacement valve. Does anyone have any recommendations for a more modern style of valve that'll go in?

Sent from my E6820TM using Tapatalk
The best upgrade is a little pricey but well worth it , is the spin-on filter kit.

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/SPINONADAPTERKITS.htm

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is thought that the lines get squashed by use of a forklift, quite a few threads on it.
I replaced it with the 1/2" semi hard copper tubing like was on there original but put it up behind the frame member.
fueI line replace piture MG_9280.jpgfuel line replace 2 IMG_0272.jpg

Also had to replace that special rubber part at the booster pump end too. Also the 90° fitting from the primary fuel filter was installed original with plumbers putty and it is immovable, not coming out.
Took me a couple of whiles, had to learn to bend tubing again.
Someplace I have the finished photos but not today.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A new petcock is only a few bucks.

Clean the can, replace the petcock, and change the filter.

Start a maintence plan and keep up with it.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I became apprehensive of the connection from the 1/2" CU line connecting the compressor to the rest of the system & thought to change it out with the heat resistant braided stainless line. I found that my fuel line was also smushed all the way across in front of the engine. I ran the new repalcement compressor line all the way from the compressor on top of the support channel, in the front, along with the replacement fuel line. Made a couple little brackets for support, using those two holes. I got it up out of harms way. Its a wonder it ran before, with the smushed fuel line. I connected the new fuel line direct to the primary filter.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks