• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stalling now no start

d_holden

ok all thanks again for your help and responses. Pulled the switch out and tapped the hole and put a plug in it. Decided to start putting everything back together, mount fuel filter and reinstall ip cover. Wouldn't you know I snapped one of the ip cover bolts off. As luck goes its flush into the ip. So will have to wait till another day as I am kinda irritated now and figured it would be best to walk away. I will update as soon as its put back together. Thanks again all for your responses.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: stalling now no start

CCATLETT1984 said:
the civilian trucks dont have that pressure sender in the filter base, its not in the casting for them. that sender is used only for the STE/ICE military diagnostic equipment. if its leaking you can pull it out and tap it and put a pipe plug in.
I have heard this before, but I'm not sure it's true across the board. Maybe early civvy trucks didn't have it, but I just changed the filter on my '88 and I'm 99.9% sure it has the same switch in the base. Maybe it's just a place holder, but it's there and the wiring harness has a the connection.

Needless to say, it is a source of pain on the CUCV's, although I've only ever had to replace one... (knock on wood)

d_holden

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: stalling now no start

Well finally got the truck running and wanted to give all of you an update. The lone culprit to my no start problem was fuel line related. I replaced the lift pump and rebuilt the ip. The rubber fuel line when it goes from metal to rubber by the tank before it runs downs the frames was "dry rotted" and causing the start problems. All is well now seems like more smoke than before when driving down the road but all seems well. Are there any adjustments I should make when for the smoking problem or should I just leave it alone and drive it. Runs fine sounds a little louder than before but it has been a while since I drove it (maybe I forgot how loud it was). Thanks to all who helped and your suggestions are appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks