• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Standard Bolt & Nut Torque Specifications

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The good thing about the D424A, 150 KW gen set was that the engine casing was cast iron. All the little widgets stayed inside. We had a 30 KW that had two yellow lines painted on it. Wasn't healthy to stand between the yellow lines.
IRON, cast iron is different from most anything anybody sees or has seen nowadays.
Things built was Mines, ships, locomotives, fortress, and on and on of iron.
Dry docks did not function without iron.
Not many know how to even drill a hole in it anymore.
It wore out a lot of lathe.
Let me know if you come across iron to machine.

Dipstick

The good thing about the D424A, 150 KW gen set was that the engine casing was cast iron. All the little widgets stayed inside. We had a 30 KW that had two yellow lines painted on it. Wasn't healthy to stand between the yellow lines.
I know about the yellow lines. They had small, portable gas turbine driven emergency 250 gpm fire fighting pumps in the Navy for a while. The instructors warned us never to stand in line with the turbine casing when starting or running them. The instructors told us that a sailor had been killed by one of the small turbines when it exploded and sent shrapnel flying everywhere! It even damaged the building. Fortunately for me my ship didn't have any. We used the ones that were powered by a 2 cycle Johnson outboard engine. They were called P250s.

Dipstick

IRON, cast iron is different from most anything anybody sees or has seen nowadays.
Things built was Mines, ships, locomotives, fortress, and on and on of iron.
Dry docks did not function without iron.
Not many know how to even drill a hole in it anymore.
It wore out a lot of lathe.
Let me know if you come across iron to machine.
Some of the cast iron castings/parts found on old machinery were things of beauty.

Dipstick

Speaking of nuts and bolts.....I just finished outside working to de-rust Brutus while the weather holds. The rear spring mounts and bolts weren't as bad as I thought they were. The folks that bobbed my Deuce used Grade 5 bolts to mount the spring hangers to the frame. I probably would have gone with Grade 8 and may do so next Spring. Unfortunately, I found grease and oil on the inner right rim. I found that my axle vent was covered in road crud and frozen with the cap in the down/closed position. I freed it up and cleaned the rim. I hope there are no safety issues until I can take a look at it. I'm going to monitor it very closely!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks