• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started my 83 M35A2C cab restoration today

rtjraleigh

Banned
Well seeing i havent worked in a while and the construction biz is in the crapper i decided to redo the cab of the 83 M35A2C that i am selling.

Day 1 - jay, james and I disassembled everything in the cab, replaced the widshield frame and sanded for a few hours. We then had lunch and decided to convert it from a bench seat to a double air ride. after everything was wiped down and taped off we broke out the rapco and went to work.

tomarrow we will be taking it up to have the floor rhino lined and we will be sanding down the seats frames. pics to come.

I am thinking i will have a good four days just getting the cab right.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, that looks really good. Are you going to tint the rhino liner or just do it black?

bigelk50

Looks great. I am in the state of doing the same to the inside of my m818. Dual air rides, new paint... etc. Great job and keep the pics coming!

C

cmvpa

I think we are gonna keep the floor in black. the green just looks dirty after awhile. And great! rain for the next few days. It never ends.

DeucesWildM211

Cab Remodel

Oh Yea, We aren't doing much remodeling in houses right now so we can get some much needed work done on the truck. And it looks AWESOME I might add.:-D

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are you going to keep the paint job durable? This is a rattle can paint correct? There are no hardeners in that stuff and a shoe is enough to scratch it?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck! I have an 83 A2C, too. Did you get yours from Lejeune? Mine came from there about a year or so ago. Good luck!

rtjraleigh

Banned
It came from an Air Force base somewhere. So atleast we know it wasnt abused. A few neat mods. like milled hood handle, side mounted air bleeders and a drop down standard hitch for civi trailers.

rtjraleigh

Banned
Day 2 - re-assembling some of the dash. Spent alot of time cleaning data plates, mounting fire extinquisher and the m11 decon. Its getting there. Did not make it to rhino liner due to rain.

Hopefully tomarrow we will be able to get the springer seats and the back of the cab done. Enjoy the pics. rob

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

It came from an Air Force base somewhere. So atleast we know it wasnt abused.
Dont be so sure of that. I was in the USAF. I saw my fair share of abused vehicles. If it was on an actual Air Force base it was probably treated pretty good, if it came from something like a Forward Air Control detachment or a TACP Squadron then it was probably abused like all the field equipment we had.

Looks good, and Im sure its in better hands now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks