• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter issue

choll

I just picked up another 1009 at Barstow on Thursday, needs a little work but not to bad. Some parts were removed while I waited on the EUC also someone broke the drivers window. Anyway the electrical seems good I get the glow plug wait light and the noise that it makes. I get nothing to the starter, I checked all the fuses and they appear ok anyone have any suggestions.

I had this on electrical but doghead said I might get a better response on this board. Here is one for you guys I was going to fix this then sell it but my wife just informed me that she wants it. Maybe she will get OD fever and let me get a duce and 5 ton

Chuck

CCATLETT1984

the silver box under the dash, just above the round diagnostics port. with the key on "start" you should have 24v on the purple wire. if not replace the relay (its AC40- comes up in as a blower relay) if you have 24v then you need to have the starter rebuilt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks