• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter solenoid failure

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
When I got my truck from the DRMO it had a bad starter solenoid. I replaced that one only to have problems keeping the nut tight on the 24v wire from the starter switch. Eventually, that post pulled out and I replaced it again. Now, the newest one has gone south. I used locktite when I put the bolt on the 24v wire from the switch the last time I replaced it. It lasted about 2 months and last week when I stopped after about a 30 min it drive it would not restart. Pop the hood, wiggle the 24v starter wire on top of the solenoid and it started. Since then, nothing! Looks like I'm going to order another, but does anybody have a clue? Or, is it just coincedence?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your idle speed. Possibly not related but idling below 750 for n/a trucks and 800 for turbo trucks rattles the snot out of everything.

devilman96

Ditto...

Also double up your lock washers, install a second UNDER the cable end and then the normal one over top of it. It helps stop cable roatation. Star washers work best for this but a regualr lock usually does the trick.

acetomatoco

if the stud is long enough... double nut it with washers and tighten one nut to the other..so as not to stretch the stud... ACE

FreightTrain

Banned
The engine isn't twisting over due to bad motor mounts and pulling on the wire is it?Or hitting the frame(That would be some massive movement though!).You useing new nuts or using the old one?If the old ones,the threads may be shot inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks