• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter stuck on

aceventura2225

I went to go start my m1008 and it was turning over but taking a few seconds so i turned it off and waited for the light to go out again and tryed again but this time it was about to start so i turned it off thinking it was going to stay started but it quit and the started just kept going even without the key. so i had to unplug my batteries and now im stuck. what should i do?

badgmc56

It's probably a stuck starter solenoid. There are a couple of ways to check it.You can check it in the truck but you will need a helper. Get under the truck ( with jackstands ) and have your helper connect the battery cables.Try tapping lightly on the solenoid , it should release the drive.If it does , replace the solenoid.You can also pull the starter and bench check it . There are other problems that can cause this but a stuck solenoid is the most common.

ida34

Hit the underside of the dash right under the steering column. The relay is there. It is a relay only used on the cucv. It changes the 12 volt signal from the ignition switch to 28 volt for the starter. Not the "starter solenoid" that most people think of. Replace the relay under the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks