• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter stud.

CSandoz

Hey gang.
Just replaced my starter bolts. Typical bolt shear situation. I noticed when replacing the bracket on the front that the stud is sheared off. It has enough starter stud left to just pass thru the bracket. The bracket is up against the starter and all bolts are tight. I should be good for the time being.

I would like to replace that stud however. Can't seem to find a source. The TM's list the stud as " 1975326 stud,shouldered". It's on 40-1 in 34p. Any suggestions as to where I might source a replacement?

IMG_20211016_111445692_HDR.jpg

Lothar

I'll have to see if I can find specs on that bolt and then maybe I can find something on McMaster that will work like that.
I checked both direct and indirect drive starters that I have laying around and they are both 1/4-20. If you need exact lengths, I can get that for ya tomorrow. I think that part number shown will work but don't take my word.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks