• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter wiring Sanity check

nd1775

I'm hoping somebody will tell me I did not miss-wire my starter. I was not able to find this topic in another thread. Please point me in that direction if it exists .

Because I did try to start the vehicle wired as it shows on the photo. Which I thought reflected the TM.

It didn't crank, there was no sounds or fireworks, but I get the sense that I crossed the wiring.

Can I correct the wiring or do I need to purchase a new starter.

ThanksPXL_20231002_233251287.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you hear the starter relay click inside the cab when you tried to start it? Under the dash where the radio would be.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little wire should be on s terminal not r.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I had it how the diagram showed

Do you think I damaged the starter?
No I doubt you did any damage to the starter but hook it to the s.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I had it how the diagram showed

Do you think I damaged the starter?
Is that little wire purple? I don't remember the end with that plastic part on them like a fusible link...you sure that wire is the right one for the solenoid? I'd test it in the start position to see if it gets power. Plus you should hear the relay click under the dash.

nd1775

Is that little wire purple? I don't remember the end with that plastic part on them like a fusible link...you sure that wire is the right one for the solenoid? I'd test it in the start position to see if it gets power. Plus you should hear the relay click under the dash.

I think that little one is red. But it sounds like it should be on the other connection

nd1775

No I doubt you did any damage to the starter but hook it to the s.

Thanks I appreciate it. This is my second try, second starter.

They deleted the rear starter mount and finally got it from John at hillbilly wizard today.

Figures I fouled up the wiring.

I'll go another round tomorrow, try and switch the wiring without dropping the starter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks